This is a series I’m doing every Thursday. I’ll give you 3 to 7 questions on the law, literature, writing and/or science, and you answer them in the comments below.
I’m holding you to the honor’s system. No cheating, yes, that includes Googling and reading prior comments before you answer yourself. 🙂 For every answer correct, you get me to answer something on your blog, like critiquing a piece, and anyone who gets all questions of the week correct gets me re-posting a recent post of theirs.
The point of this is to engage and have fun, and hopefully learn something. I’ll post the answers on Fridays around noon in the comments.
These are all quotes, answer who said:
1. Politics have no relation to morals.
2. Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.
3. The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
4. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you.
5. f you don’t want a man unhappy politically, don’t give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it be all those than that people worry over it.
6. How do you tell a Communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
7. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Alright, out of these, I’d say only 1 or 2 are easy. Good luck 🙂